"Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." – Warren Buffett, U.S. Investor, Businessman, Philanthropist
What’s Your Vision For Hart County?
These same questions were posed recently to members of various boards and agencies in the county, and a decision was made to work toward creating a countywide vision. One that retains the values and traditions that make Hart County special yet embraces the type of change needed to shape our communities into the kinds of places where our children and grandchildren will want to live and work.
Various teams are being developed to explore possibilities in key areas such as agriculture, business development, education, tourism, unification, planned growth, and quality of life. Part of that process includes gathering input from local citizens like you. We often hear people complain about what we don’t have in Hart County, but this process begins by acknowledging and celebrating our strengths and using them as opportunities for continued growth and improvement. One of the greatest benefits of creating a vision is that it compels people to action. Come join the process and share your vision.
Send us an EMAIL and answer the following questions:
2. What do you consider some of our greatest assets?
3. What specific goals for the county do you feel are achievable within the next 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
4. Describe what a picture of Hart County in the year 2030 might look like?
5. If you could change just one thing about Hart County, what would it be?
6. What other suggestions for change do you have?
7. Would you like to be part of a vision team? If so, please provide your name, telephone, & email.
You can also view and download the Hart County Comprehensive Plan 2015 here.