Hart County Chamber Of Commerce Position
Reports To: Board of Directors
The Chamber President/CEO directs the Hart County Chamber of Commerce activities to promote community awareness of business. The Chamber President/CEO serves as chief executive officer and is responsible for the oversight and management of all aspects of Chamber business and activities in a manner consistent with the Chamber’s Mission Statement. The President/CEO is the visible leader of the Chamber, as its chief communicator, facilitator, and interactive community planner in developing, implementing, and assessing Chamber programs, projects, and events.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Provides visionary role in strategic planning by participating proactively with the Board and making recommendations including insight, goals, and projections.
- Provides periodic operational and strategic information to the Board, as well as analysis of the projected impact of such information if implemented or acted upon.
- Develops and communicates recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Works with committee chairs and other volunteers in the planning and execution of all committee activities.
- Prepares material for monthly Board and serves as a member of an advisor to the organization’s committees.
Membership, Recruitment, and Retention
- Exhibits a strong customer service focus to ensure membership retention, growth, and development.
- Regularly assesses the needs and interests of the membership and community and develops/delivers services according to those needs and interests.
- Maintains positive relationships through various means of advocacy, collaboration, and communication with the membership and community and actively promotes Chamber services and programs.
- Assures a system for the measurement, monitoring, and continuous improvement of the quality of services and operations.
- Creates and presents to the Board annual operating and capital budgets that reflect the programs and goals of the organization.
- Assures proper administration of the Chamber financial activities; maintains appropriate data, records, and financial controls; communicates and coordinates, as appropriate, with the Board regarding financial matters.
- Provides regular analysis of financial trends and projections to the Board; recommends sound responses and strategies.
- Assures financial strength of the Chamber.
- Presents the Board an annual operating plan including proposed goals, targets, and strategies; identifies tactics and initiatives to carry out the plan; monitors the plan and makes amendments as necessary; provides leadership and direction to the Board to complete an annual evaluation process of the organization’s achievements.
- Develops and oversees an effective marketing/public relations program.
- Actively networks and collaborates with public officials, business leaders, and media to create and strengthen strategic alliances and partnerships with the Chamber.
- Both regionally and at the state level, participates in professional meetings and educational conferences to maintain and enhance professional competence; incorporates new knowledge and fresh insight into plans and operations of the Chamber.
- Develops and maintains programs for effective recruitment and retention.
- Creates and oversees, in collaboration with the Board, a comprehensive and competitive salary/benefits program for staff members.
- Fosters a positive work environment/culture to develop and sustain a competent and energized team.
- Manages and directs the work of Chamber employees; makes employment decisions and evaluates the work of Chamber employees.
- Perform all other assigned duties as appropriate.
- Serves as the administrator for the Hart County Industrial Authority, including attending meetings, providing minutes, generating financial statements and payments and all other administrative tasks.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent experience is required AND at least three (3) years of upper-level management in personnel, community relations, sales, marketing, or related fields is preferred.
- Chamber of Commerce certifications through the US Chamber of Commerce or American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) are preferred but not required.
Skills & Abilities
- General knowledge of business practices, including the ability to forecast/develop a yearly budget, ensure timely delivery of monthly financial reports to the Board and maintain general control of expenditures.
- Working knowledge of local government laws, ordinances, zoning requirements.
- Working knowledge of state and local legislative, political processes, and environments.
- A working understanding of social media and the role it will play in the Chamber’s forward strategy.
- Ability to analyze, understand, and act upon complex legislation.
- Ability to identify, lobby for, and secure sources of federal, state, and local government funding to encourage business growth in the County.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, including demonstrated ability to anticipate and plan for the future and realign priorities quickly when dealing with unanticipated events.
- Proven ability to implement strategic plans and forecasts to identify and achieve business development objectives.
- Ability to effectively lead/manage people.
- Ability to provide effective oversight of operations and administration.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience with events, campaigns, and grant writing.
- Strong English language aptitude, including the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing (including the use of texting and email).
- Polished presenter, comfortable presenting and using technology in front of large audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; including the ability to maintain effective relationships with the Board of Directors, chamber members, and staff; effectively collaborate with business leaders of the community, as well as with government representatives, civic leaders, and members of the public.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Firm commitment to the mission and core values of the Chamber.
- Strong ethical responsibility to coworkers, officials, affiliations, associations, and the community.
- Must be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Relentless positive energy and professionalism.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the economic and cultural environment in the Hart County, Kentucky region.
- Compensation: $50,000 – $60,000
Interested candidates should submit a resume to [email protected] no later than 4:00PM on February 29, 2024.