Hometown Dollars Gift Certificate
The Chamber started this program several years ago as part of its Shop Local initiatives. Hometown Dollars can be used just like cash at any participating business. From farm produce to entertainment, restaurants to automotive repair and supplies, retail stores to specialty shops … Hometown Dollars are truly a unique gift.
Redeemable in over 60 local businesses!
Each certificate may be redeemed for merchandise or services at any participating business. If you do not use the entire amount listed on the certificate, the merchant will issue you change or a gift certificate to that store for the remaining amount.
Hometown Dollars Gift Certificates can be purchased at the Hart County Chamber of Commerce office located at 116 East Union Street in downtown Munfordville.
For your convenience, you can also order certificates by phone and pay for them with a credit card. The certificates will be mailed to you or sent as a gift on your behalf.
Are you a Business interested in joining this program? Contact the Chamber office at (270) 524-2892 or [email protected]
Why Shop Local?
- Dollars you spend locally support vital public services in our towns and county.
- Local business owners care about and invest in your community. They donate part of your dollars back to local groups and charities.
- Your local purchases support local jobs! These are your friends, neighbors and relatives.
- When you shop at a local store, you’re supporting a whole host of other businesses. Banks, restaurants and other businesses cluster around local stores.
- Local businesses are more accessible for everyone. This is especially important for elderly, and others without transportation.
- You save money by shopping at home. You drive less, save time, and you’d be surprised how often the retail prices are lower, too.
- Your purchases help the county attract new entrepreneurs and skilled workers. (Everyone wants to see more businesses started here. The best way to attract more stores and services is by helping our existing businesses grow! Do Your Part—Shop Local)
Certificates can be redeemed at these businesses
- Abe’s Place | 270-524-9663
- Abney Amstutz Eye Centers | 270-786-2085
- All Things By Mel | 270-361-9426
- Alvey’s Towing & Recovery | 270-528-7881
- American Cave Museum | 270-786-1466
- Asha Yoga/Hawkins Ridge Botanicals | 270-537-1399
- Awards-Elizabeth Porter Gifts | 270-651-7255
- Bluegrass Floral Market | 270-524-5683
- Bonnieville Mini Mart | 270-531-2568
- C & J’s Café | 270-786-2654
- C & V Variety | 615-388-4604
- Commonwealth Oral Health | 270-524-5580
- Clark Drugs | 270-524-3669
- Dennison’s Roadside Market | 270-786-1663
- Devore’s Restaurant | 270-528-3663
- Detweiler Country Store | 270-524-7967
- El Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant | 270-524-4874
- EZ Market | 270-524-0075
- Farmwald’s Dutch Bakery & Deli | 270-786-5600
- 5 Broke Girls Café | 270-786-8768
- Gada’s Beauty Salon | 270-786-1415
- Gentlemen’s Barber Shop | 270-834-9139
- Green River Fitness | 270-524-3000
- Harper & Son Tire & Lawn Care | 270-473-4105
- Hart County Auto Parts/Parts City | 270-524-7011
- Hart County Builders Supply | 270-524-2350
- Hart County Farmers’ Market | 270-524-2892
- Hart County Historical Society | 270-524-0101
- Hart County Outdoor Power Tools | 270-524-3932
- Hartland Animal Hospital | 270-786-5545
- Heather’s Sweet Treats | 270-996-6088
- IGA, Munfordville | 270-524-3644
- IGA Express, Munfordville | 270-524-9259
- Inspire Nutrition | 270-528-7641
- John V. Planz Gunsmith | 270-786-2073
- Kari’s Kountry Kritters | 270-524-4378
- Kentucky Down Under Adventure Zoo | 270-786-1010
- K & L Kettle Corn | 270-218-0322
- Logsdon Lawn Mower | 270-786-4351
- Munfordville Welcome Center Gift Shop | 270-524-4752
- Munfordville Automotive NAPA | 270-524-4535
- Murray’s Restaurant | 270-524-2253
- New Attitudes | 270-786-2903
- Nolin Lake Lodge at Wax | 270-396-6017
- Nolin River Hardware | 270-524-4285
- Pa-Daddy’s Backyard Bar-B-Q | 270-786-2300
- Pleasant View Greenhouse | 270-473-4013
- Richardson’s Carpet & Furniture | 270-524-1985
- Savannah K’s Cottage Café | 270-404-9910
- Scotty’s On The Square Salon | 270-572-8454
- Schmucker’s Greenhouse | 270-524-4190
- Sinnett’s Contracting (HVAC)| 270-528-6697
- Sittin’ Pretty Pet Spa | 270-473-0150
- Sonny’s Settings | 270-786-1923
- Sweet Farm Equipment | 270-524-0385
- The Feeder Restaurant | 270-786-8686
- The Flower Shop | 270-528-8687
- The Hanger Boutique | 270-261-1201
- The Hart on Main| 270-537-4291
- The Lone Wolf | 270-524-3581
- Treasured Creations | 270-218-0962
- Tri County Auto & Oil | 270-786-2158
- Vinyl Monkey Custom Designs | 270-473-1242
- Vision First | 270.524.5444
If you have any questions about this program or experience any problems in using the gift certificates, call: 270-524-2892.
When a Hometown Dollars Gift Certificate is presented as payment:
The Hart County Chamber of Commerce started this program several years ago to promote local shopping. Keeping more money in our local economy creates stronger businesses and stronger communities. Please make sure that employees who handle money are well informed of this program and do not turn away customers who attempt to use the certificates.
- A Hometown Dollars Gift Certificate is an actual check drawn from a local bank account used by the Chamber.
- Hometown Dollars Gift Certificates should be treated just like a regular check.
- Merchants should deposit the Certificate in their account as they would any other check.
- Certificates cannot be cashed at a local financial institution; they must be spent at a local participating Chamber business.
Thank You for participating in this program! If you decide to discontinue your participation, please contact the Chamber office immediately so that we can remove your name from the brochure.
Check the Issue Date:
Certificates expire one year from issue date. Make sure it has not expired.
Pay To The Order Of:
This line will be blank until the recipient uses the certificate. He or she simply writes the store name where it is being used – just like a check.
Give Back Change:
If the purchased item is less than the face value of the check, simply give the customer back the difference. The merchant will receive the FULL-FACE VALUE of the check. If you prefer to issue a gift certificate to your store instead of cash back, you also have that option.
For Questions Call the Chamber Office at 270.524.2892